2018-Present BringFido, Greenville, SC
Director of Content & Communications for the world's leading pet travel and lifestyle brand.
- Manage department of eight content creators, editors and social media managers.
- Launched and oversee BringFido's blog, content syndication efforts and content-driven partnerships with relevant brands.
- Developed drip email and newsletter strategy for launch in 3rd quarter 2019.
2015-2018 Salvo Group Co. Miami, FL
Founding Partner & Chief Content Officer of a Miami-based startup focused on digital publishing, social media amplification, talent management and monetization.
- Developed and executed bilingual content strategy for 6 owned and earned digital properties.
- Oversaw content creation and distribution for an elite roster of celebrities comprising a social audience of more than 200MM users.
- Managed a team of 6 editors, writers and community managers, and a global network of freelance creatives to produce content for Salvo Group’s owned and earned properties.
- Delivered digital traffic surpassing 1MM users per day.
- Designed branded content campaigns for Proctor & Gamble, Disney, Walmart and other national brands.
2012-2015 M8 Agency Miami, FL
Content Director for a Miami-based digital marketing agency specializing in the U.S. Hispanic and Latam markets.
- Built content practice for M8 Agency’s blue-chip clients including General Mills, Starwood Hotels, and MasterCard International.
- Hired and managed staff of 7 editors, writers and translators.
- Successfully pitched new projects including Starwood, Cheerios, and Debt.com, resulting in more than $5 million in new business billings.
2008-2010 SafetyPay, Inc. Miami, FL
Director of Marketing, Latin America, for a global online payment solution with offices in U.S., Europe and South America.
- Designed digital marketing campaigns that more than tripled revenues and customer base.
- Repositioned company through its bank partners, introducing new verticals and recruiting bank employees as brand ambassadors.
- Leveraged local social media networks to grow brand awareness.
- Lived and worked in Mexico and Peru, managing staff in local offices.
1998-2005 American International Group, Inc. (AIG) New York, NY
Director of Marketing & Communications for three AIG member companies responsible for AIG’s domestic claims services.
- Supervised a department of 6 marketing and communications specialists.
- Built and maintained all claims web sites and intranet sites; organized national training seminars to communicate benefits of intranet platform.
- Managed multimillion-dollar annual budget.
- Produced presentations, brochures, and newsletter with circulation of 30,000.
- Responded to all requests for proposals for new and renewal business.
2006-Present Writers’ Bloc, Inc. Miami, FL
Founder of copywriting, content marketing and strategy agency. Clients include The New York Times Company, JetBlue Airways, AIG., W.W. Norton & Company, and Michelin APA.
Author of 6 books:
- Unseen Cuba, Unseen Pictures
- San Juan, Vieques & Culebra: An Explorer’s Guide, Countryman Press
- Mexico’s Aztec & Maya Empires: An Explorer’s Guide, Countryman Press
- Great Destinations: Mexico City, Puebla & Cuernavaca, Countryman Press
- Backroads & Byways of Florida, Countryman Press
- Great Destinations Puerto Rico: San Juan, Vieques & Culebra
2011-2012 Miami Herald Miami, FL,
Senior Editor for HCP/Aboard, the Herald’s custom publishing division. Edited and wrote in English and Spanish for publications including:
- Resource and Salud, the quarterly bilingual magazines of Baptist Health Hospital Group.
- Visit Bermuda, the official guide of the Bermuda Tourism Authority.
- Visit Riviera Maya, the official guide of the Mexico Tourism Board.
- Marriott Hotels in-room books for South America/Caribbean.
Freelance editor and copywriter for Michelin APA.
- Michelin North America Road Atlas, 2013.
- Michelin Green Guide to Washington, DC, 2012.
- Michelin Like A Local Caribbean, 2012.
Editor for South Florida travel micro-site.
include Cruise Planners, Puerto Rico Tourism, Satmetrix, and AIG.
BA in International Relations with Honors, Tufts University.
Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe suite, HTML, Buffer, Microsoft Suite.
Bilingual English-Spanish speaker. Conversational French and Hindi/Urdu.